Sunday, March 11, 2012

Abandoned and forgotten -- almost

Another view of these strange old abandoned buildings. Although the sign at the turnoff says something about a research center, turns out the back building is the old wastewater treatment plant and the front building is possibly an old hospital. I found that out today when I biked up to the new wastewater treatment plant, which is on the other side of the highway from the old plant. The new wastewater treatment plant is on the top of one of the rolling hills so I biked up to the gate and a disembodied voice came out from the speaker - Can I help you ? 

Uh oh, I thought. I said I was looking for places to take photos from and asked if I could come through the gate and take pics from the top of the hill. The voice asked if I was a terrorist. I said I was an economist, which some people think is a terrorist, but no, I wasn't a terrorist by the usual definition.

The fellows at the plant turned out to be very nice and told me the story of the new/old wastewater treatment plant. The new plant also has a  nice high view of the windfarm farther east, a great place for more pics.

1 comment:

  1. love the richness of the colors ... and the story, to go with the painting, just makes it all the better :)

    ReplyDelete